- Competitive Blunt Knife Lesson
- Knife and Hawk Combination LessonLesson
Private Lessons to Improve Your Competitive Edge!
Give some edge to your knife or hawk throwing with our private lessons! Our Chief Instructional Officer is a highly ranked Expert Competition Rotational Knife, No-Spin Knife, and Tomahawk competitor. He is also a member of the International Knife Throwers Hall of Fame (IKTHOF).
Types of Lessons
- Competitive Tomahawk Throwing involves throwing three hawks at various distances. The difference between a hawk and your typical axe is generally the weight and length. Hawks are typically lighter and easier to rotate upon throwing. Lessons for hawk throwing involve throwing between 3-5 meters.
- Competitive Knife Throwing has been around for decades. In the United States and Canada, it typically involves throwing three non-sharpened (just pointy) competition knives from both their handles and their blades from distances that range from 3-7 meters. So yes, the knife is rotating (spinning) during the throw. This is called throwing from 1 spin, 1 1/2 spin, 2 spins, etc., rotating between three throws with the handle and then the blunted blade as you move backward to each new distance. Most lessons focus primarily on throwing with the handle from 3 meters only. Our instructors must certify you to move beyond that distance (more spins).
- No-Spin Competition Blunt Knife Throwing (knife is NOT rotating) has gained more mainstream recognition as of late and is also offered. This style is a favorite of the owners’ families and definitely involves more concentration and practice. But when you get your first stick, you will be hooked forever! Same rules and distances apply as with rotational competition blunt knife throwing.
Please note: Ages 12+ (individuals under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult)
What to Bring
- We require that anyone who throws must wear closed-toed shoes.
- Wear something comfortable.
For more info on some recognized rules and history by the International Knife Throwers Hall of Fame (IKTHOF), follow this link.